PHOENIX -- Custom window treatments are amazingly beautiful and really give a decorative finishing touch to any window, but they can be very costly.
Here are various inexpensive, easy, no-sew options.
- Wood cornices made from baseboard molding with 1x6 wood planks
- Crown molding cornices made from crown molding and 1x6 wood planks
- Fabric covered cornices made from 1x12 wood planks or 1-inch thick Styrofoam, fabric, fabric batting and either a staple gun or T-pins
- Mirrored cornices starting with wood cornice box, painted black, add 12x12 beveled mirrored squares
- Stagecoach valances made from 1x2 wood, fabric, furniture sliders and hot glue
Debbie Hernandez is a frequent "Good Morning Arizona" guest, sharing all kinds of DIY projects for your home. You can find her at The Home Depot at 59th Avenue and Loop 101 in Glendale. Follow Hernandez on Twitter -- @DIY_Debbie. Click here for more of Hernandez's segments.