With Thanksgiving coming in a few days, it's time to get the outdoor holiday decorations plan ready. We all have existing decorations that we use year to year, but a great way to build up your collection and change over to all energy-saving decorations is to add or change out one to two new decorations every year. This way it's affordable and looks beautiful and slightly different every year!
Some of the new lighted decorations are as follows:
- Lots of new lighted characters, dogs, pigs, Sesame Street and Peanuts characters, angels, Rudolph and other reindeer, etc.
- Lighted Snowflake, Trees, Gift Boxes, Eiffel Tower, etc.
- LED Energy Saving Light Strands, Net Lights, Icicle Lights, Walkway Lights, Lighted Wreaths and much more!
To hang the lights on the house there are a few different options:
- Eave hook clips
- Cup Hooks
- Staple Gun
DIY Holiday Candy Walkway Decorations
- 1-1/2 to 2" thick styrofoam
- Wood Dowel rods
- Smooth sharp edge knife
- Dinner Plate
- Paint (desired colors)
- Shrink Wrap or cellophane Saran wrap
- Wire or twist ties
- Place dinner plate upside down on the styrofoam, draw around plate, move the plate, repeat again and again to create multiple circles.
- Cut out the circles with the smooth edge sharp knife, be careful!
- Remove Film on the styrofoam if desired.
- Push dowel up into circles, this will be the lollipop stick and/or the stand for the candies, you may use a drill bit or metal rod to start hole.
- Paint white base coat (if desired) styrofoam is already white.
- Draw wind mills, squares, swirls, any pattern you want that looks like holiday candy and paint as desired.
- Place 2 pieces of Saran Wrap, one on top, one underneath the circles, tie the twist tie or wire at both sides, leaving ends flare out to create a candy wrapper. For lollipop wrapper, just tie at bottom around the dowel.
- You may even line them with lights!
- Stick into the ground along walkway or anywhere and enjoy!