Low-cal Chocolate Strawberry Mousse
-8 oz. tub of Cool Whip lite (500 cal.)
-1.4 oz. box of Jell-O brand chocolate instant pudding – sugar and fat free
-1 3/4 cups fat free milk (this plus pudding mix = 300 cal.)
-1 lb. container of fresh strawberries (145 cal.)
-3.5 oz. box of Butterfinger bites or XL size candy bar (360 cal.)
1. Cool Whip comes frozen from the store, so put it and the Butterfinger candy in the fridge for a few hours or overnight before putting this together.
2. Combine the milk and pudding mix in a bowl then use a whisk to mix together for two minutes. Be sure you only use 1 3/4 cups of milk instead of the normal box instructions of 2 cups because we want a thicker consistency. Cover and let chill while we prepare the other ingredients. It will thicken in about five or 10 minutes.
3. Remove the green leafy top of the strawberry and dice each one into several small pieces. Put in a large bowl and set aside.
4. Put your Butterfinger candy on your cutting board and chop into lots of small pieces. Put them into the bowl with the strawberries and toss to combine.
5. When ready to assemble, use a big bowl to combine all ingredients using the “folding method” with a spatula. After everything has been combined, cover and refrigerate for at least two hours and up to overnight before serving. You can serve in a bowl, wine glass, margarita glass, coffee cup or whatever. Feeling fancy? Add a bit more whip cream from the can on it with a cherry on top. This recipe makes approximately eight 1-cup servings.
Cook’s Notes: With the total batch having just over 1,300 calories and eight 1-cup servings, that equals about 160 calories per serving. My kids wanted more of the candy in there. So if you used a second box of Butterfinger bites, that adds another 45 calories per serving. If you don’t like strawberries, feel free to use blueberries or raspberries instead.