PHOENIX -- Morning Squeeze, a breakfast and lunch restaurant in Old Town Scottsdale, is hosting a new competition on Camelback Mountain and the winner could win free smoothies for a year.
Every first Saturday for the next six months, Morning Squeeze is hosting an event called Scramble to the Top of Camelback Mountain. The event begins Saturday, Nov. 2, 8 a.m. The scramble is all about getting to the top of Camelback Mountain first.
The first 25 people to reach the top win free breakfast and the first person to reach the top of Camelback wins free smoothies for a year from Morning Squeeze.
Sara Pyper, a trainer at The Village, gave some tips on "Good Morning Arizona Friday" for those interested in participating:
- Consider any injuries before climbing as Camelback Mountain can be a difficult hike
- Try dynamic stretching with light movements before the hike to warm up your muscles
- After the hike, try static stretching by holding each stretch
- Be sure to hydrate. It is important to hydrate the day before the hike, to bring water on the hike, and to drink water after finishing the hike.
- If hiking for more than 90 minutes, bring along a snack such as a power bar
For more information, click here.