- 4 ounces semi-sweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (about 6 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Stir unsweetened chocolate and butter in heavy large saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool 5 minutes.
2. Mix in sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla stirring until batter is smooth. Add flour until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into greased 9x9 pan. Bake at 325° until tester inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Cool completely in pan on rack.
For brown sugar topping:
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¾ tablespoon vanilla extract
Combine sugar, cream and butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat until mixture is smooth and just starting to boil. Remove from heat; mix in vanilla. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes. Whisk until thick enough to spread. Spread over brownie. Allow to stand until topping sets.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.