Guilt-Free Turkey Gravy
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups turkey broth and defatted pan juices
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring turkey broth and pan juices to a boil.
- Meanwhile, blend until smooth the cornstarch and water.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add the cornstarch mixture and continue stirring until the gravy is thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Provides 16 servings at 1/4 cup per portion
Note: To defat pan juices, pour poultry drippings into a glass measuring cup and refrigerate until the fat solidifies. Remove the fat layer and discard.
(Courtesy of the National Turkey Federation)
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.