PHOENIX -- Rusconi's American Kitchen Owner and Chef Michael Rusconi shares his popular stuffed french toast recipe.
1. Spread Italian Mascarpone cheese, scented with Meyer lemon, on two slices of Brioche French-style egg bread
2. Cut up strawberries and place on one slice of bread. Sandwich pieces of bread together.
3. Soak bread in a mixture of half-and-half, eggs, sugar and cinnamon
4. Cook in hot pan
5. Place toast on plate and pour strawberry sauce on top. The sauce contains sugar, water, vanilla and strawberries.
6. Drizzle lavender-infused agave nectar over toast and serve
Rusconi's American Kitchen
10637 N. Tatum Blvd., Ste. 101B
Northwest corner of Tatum and Shea boulevards