1 (24 oz.) Bottle of Marinara (your favorite)
3-4 lbs. Chicken (legs, breasts, thighs, etc.)
Seasoning Mix (see below)
1 Large Brown Onion (diced)
2 Tomatoes (diced)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2) Combine 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of basil flakes, 1 tablespoon of oregano flakes, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of black pepper together and mix well. If you like a little heat, add ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside.
3) Put your diced onion & diced tomato together in a bowl then set aside.
4) Rub chicken pieces with olive oil then sprinkle all sides with your seasoning mix.
5) In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add another tablespoon or so of olive oil to the pan then fry your chicken on both sides until the skin browns slightly (approx. 2-3 minutes per side).
6) Lay chicken in casserole dish, skin side up. Pour pasta sauce over top of chicken to cover all pieces. Sprinkle your onion/tomato mix over the top of the sauce. Cover with foil then bake for 45 minutes.
7) Remove from oven, keep covered and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with pasta, French bread and/or salad.